Due to the recent dry conditions we are seeing unusually high water demand. Consequently, we have water storage reservoirs that are at low levels. If you water your lawn or garden we ask that you water every other day observing the odd-even guidelines. Some other practical water conservation measures include:
1. Do not allow water to run when rinsing dishes or preparing food.
2. Only run the washing machine or dishwasher when you have full load.
3. Keep a pitcher of water in the refrigerator.
4. Don’t water the driveway or gutter when watering your lawn.
5. Don’t allow the water to run when washing your vehicle.
6. Use a broom as opposed to the hose to clean the driveway.
7. Avoid watering when it is windy.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Serving 7,000 Residences of Cass County
and the towns of…
Casselton, Mapleton, Kindred, Argusville, Gardner, Buffalo, Amenia, Davenport, Arthur, Hunter, Page, Tower City, Woodlawn
The board has set a policy regarding disconnection of service for non-payment. The new policy states “When water service is shut off for non-payment a charge of $100.00 will be assessed. When the account (including additional penalties and charges) is paid in full the water service will be restored only during normal business hours.”
2021 Annual Meeting
The members of the Cass Rural Water District conducted the 47th annual meeting on Tuesday, April 6, 2021. The meeting can be viewed here. Thank you to all who attended and welcome to our newly elected board members.